Brixworth CEVC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils. The staff, governors and volunteers are expected to demonstrate this commitment in all aspects of their work. The school follows the procedures established by the Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children Board, a guide to procedure and practice for all agencies in Northamptonshire working with children and their families. We aim to achieve this through:
- establishing and maintaining an environment where all children feel secure and are encouraged to talk and are listened to
- training and educating staff to identify welfare concerns and to understand the appropriate measures to follow to address their concerns
- ensuring children know that there are adults within school to whom they can talk to if they are worried or concerned
- providing opportunities for children to develop skills to recognise and stay safe from abuse
- making the welfare of each child paramount, however we recognise that some children may be especially vulnerable to abuse, e.g those with special educational needs, those living in adverse circumstances and children who have been witness to violence.
Our rigorous internal systems ensure that we keep our safeguarding at a high level. Anyone can make a referral to the Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) at any time. Further information can be found below along with other useful and informative links.
Designated Safeguarding Leads
- Kathryn Young (Headteacher)
- Heather Reynolds (Deputy Headteacher)
- Sharon Marsh (Inclusion Manager)
- Laura Casson (Assistant Headteacher) - Maternity Leave
Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children Partnership: www.northamptonshirescb.org.uk.
Child Exploitation and Online Protecttion Centre (CEOP) provides lots of useful information to help keep your child safe online, about spotting the signs and dealing with exploitation. There are different areas of the website for parents and for children.
Thinkuknow (CEOP): www.thinkuknow.co.uk.