At Brixworth Primary School we aim to ensure all our pupils have a voice. We have a School Council, which is elected by children within their class at the start of the academic year. The School Council works to make improvements to the school and the way we do things in Brixworth. School Council members are always looking for ways to make a difference to the children within our school.
Our school council has many achievements, including:
- Introducing suggestion boxes to each class
- Some KS2 councillors help show new families and protential new children around the school, telling them all about school life, activities and values.
- Assist in the interview of new staff members
- Help with charity events
- Report anything broken to our site supervisor
- Our hens were a suggestion from the school council and introduced in 2018
- Improving playtimes, researching and introducing lunchtime play equipment
The school council is an important part of Brixworth Primary School. It provides our pupils with a means of communicating their views and ideas and to contribute to whole school improvement.