All admissions are administered by Northamptonshire County Council. Please see link to the right of this page.
Children are admitted to school in the September following their 4th birthday. Attendance is part-time at first, but all the children have the opportunity to be full time 3rd week of term, which provides opportunities for settling in and initial liaison with parents.
We feel that it is most important to make your child’s first experience of school a very happy one and we aim to achieve this by careful induction of our Reception children coming into school. To help us make the transition from home to school as smooth as possible, we have a range of pre-school procedures which includes:
- An opportunity for the children to visit the school, either with their pre-school leaders or with a familiar adult staying on site during the visit.
- An information evening held in the summer term when parents have the opportunity to meet the teachers, to ask questions about the school and to ask about the principles and policies we believe in. There is an opportunity for parents to find out how best to support their children and how that support can continue throughout their child’s school life.
- Please note that during 2020 and 2021 these events might be slightly altered due to COVID restrictions.
During their first year at school, the children will continue to work towards the Early Learning Goals as started at Nursery or Pre-school. We want every child to achieve their potential academically, socially, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Above all, children will be encouraged to participate fully in all school activities and in so doing, experience pleasure, satisfaction and success.
Places will be allocated to children who have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan that names the school as appropriate provision.
Oversubscription admission criteria
When there are more applications for the school than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children
- Children who live in the linked area for the school (Brixworth and Scaldwell)
- Children with a sibling continuing at the school at the time of admission of the child
- Other children
Allocation of places up to Published Admission Number (PAN)
If the PAN is exceeded within any criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school.
To find out more information follow the link to the Northamptonshire County Council website:
If you wish to apply for a school place you need to submit an online application form which is available from www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/admissions