All admissions are administered by Northamptonshire County Council. Please see link to the right of this page.
Prospective parents are welcome to visit the school. We have a number of open days in October and November. Please ring or email the school office to make an appointment.
Children are admitted to school in the September following their 4th birthday. Attendance is part-time at first, but all the children have the opportunity to be full time 3rd week of term, which provides opportunities for settling in and initial liaison with parents.
We feel that it is most important to make your child’s first experience of school a very happy one and we aim to achieve this by careful induction of our Reception children coming into school. To help us make the transition from home to school as smooth as possible we have a range of pre-school procedures which includes:
- An opportunity for the children to visit the school, either with their pre-school leaders or with a familiar adult staying on site during the visit.
- An information evening held in the summer term when parents have the opportunity to meet the teachers, to ask questions about the school and to ask about the principles and policies we believe in. There is an opportunity for parents to find out how best to support their children and how that support can continue throughout their child’s school life.
During their first year at school, the children will continue to work towards the Early Learning Goals as started at Nursery or Pre-school (We want every child to achieve their potential academically, socially, emotionally, physically and spiritually ). Above all, children will be encouraged to participate fully in all school activities and in so doing, experience pleasure, satisfaction and success.
September 2020 intake Tours
Tours of the school have already taken place for the 2020 intake. If you have missed these please contact the school office on 01604 883900 to arrange an alternative tour.
Foundation stage induction
Teachers meet and greet children when doors open at 8.50am. Registration at 9.00am.
Morning sessions are 9.00am – 12.00pm
Afternoon sessions are 1.00pm – 3.30pm
As a maintained school we follow the code of admissions from Northamptonshire County Council and our oversubscription criteria is as follows:
Places will be allocated to pupils who have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan that names the school as appropriate provision. When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
1) Children in public care or previously in public care but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence/child arrangements order or special guardianship order
2) Pupils with a brother or sister continuing at the school at the time of admission of the child
3) Pupils who live closer to the preferred school than any other school
4) Other pupils
If the admission number is exceeded within any criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school.
To find out more information follow the link to the Northamptonshire County Council website:
If you wish to apply for a school place you need to submit an online application form which is available from www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/admissions